Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wow! There's a lot of information on the internet!

*Throughout this blog, I have attached several links. They can be found in the name of the thing I am telling you about, if you would like to check these things out.

I know that might sound like such a stupid statement, obviously there is a lot of information on the Internet! But until recently, I never really explored it. I never had read a blog until my friend Hartley moved to China. I never looked for recipe's online. I did the things that most people do online, pay bills, email, social space (like myspace or facebook) . . . but that was about it. Then in August I joined a group that would change how I would look at the Internet. I joined a wonderful mommy group called Hemet Moms and Wives of Faith In this group I have met SO many amazing women! And not to mention talented!! In fact I have decided that when my crafty skills are all grown up I want to be like Jennifer Clark that's her blog! Check it out!! Also I learned from Jennifer is my new favorite place online Pandora Music You click in a favorite artist or genre of music and it makes you your own radio station! I have a couple right now, but my FAVORITE at the moment is my ABBA station!! Cameron can now sing several ABBA songs . . . is that bad? Also there is a women named Stephanie and for an entire year she made all of her meals in a crock pot!! On her blog, she includes all of the recipes! Then there is a man named Matt Who's daughter was born in March and 27 hours later his wife died when a blood clot went to her lungs. He has been raising his daughter alone and has shared not only her but his feeling and emotions of being a single dad. Then the final thing I will share with you is another very talented blog called the craft apple it is "sew" (every pun intended) refreshing to see other people embracing the domestic arts! I felt like I was one of the only people left who sewed and canned and baked. . . but then a little searching on the Internet found me all these wonderful people. So . . . I think it would be safe to say that I might have a slight blog obsession . . . but I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

Mama Parker said...

yes, jen is super craftastic. okay, so i'm listening to the ABBA station on Pandora right now. love the internet!

Jen said...

aww, you guys!!!! ;)

you should check out www.soulemama.com if you haven't - she knits and sews and cans and grows food - even organizes an organic food co-op. she's cool. and she has a second blog to help crafty mamas use their craftiness to help out mamas in other parts of the world...very cool! i made baby hats and sent them to her, which got sent to Haiti for newborn babies.