Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mr. Fix It

Cameron is all about being helpful right now. This is something we are encouraging! It is his job to feed Bernadette, pull the trash cans up from the curb and help vacuum. He is also responsible to pick up his own toys and room. On Saturday the 17th Larry was cleaning our very dirty garage (it still hadn't recovered from Christmas). Cameron really enjoys being outside "helping daddy". I was inside getting some much needed work done. Larry came inside to as me a question and then went back outside. I heard "Kammy, come here . . . and bring the camera!" Cameron had taken upon himself to play Mr. Fix It in our entry way. Once upon a time when we purchased this house there was outdoor carpet leading from the driveway to the front door. I don't know what purpose this carpet served, but we pulled it up almost immediately. But for some reason . . . I'm not sure why, we never pulled up the tack strip that was holding it down. As the years passed, we just walked over this strip. In all reality, I had walked over it so many times, I didn't even realize it was there until Saturday. Cameron decided that he would take it up. He got a screw driver and a bolt driver out of Larry's tool box. Using his weight as leverage, he started to pry the strip up.

This first picture is before mommy intervened.
Photobucket

Notice he now has gloves and goggles on? This is the way mommy's think . . .
Photobucket

Working hard
Photobucket

Making progress!
Photobucket

Almost done
Photobucket

Cleaning up his mess (he learned that from mommy)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Mama Parker said...

haha!

I didn't notice it either on my way in today.

thanx again for the photoshoot. i can't wait to see the pictures.

-alison