Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I think that it's appropriate to do a Thankful Thursday today, because today is in fact Thanksgiving Day! I can't believe that it's already Thanksgiving! I started this blog a year ago in November. A year ago, i was wondering where the year went. A year later, nothing has changed. We are busy busy buys. Larry is working, Cameron is in sports, I'm running the business and Cameron is still home schooled.

So what are we thankful for? This year I decided to make a craft for the whole family. Using my Cricut, I cut a tree trunk and 21 leaves. The leaves are in three colors, red for Cameron, orange for Larry and yellow for myself. Each night leading up to Thanksgiving, we have written something that we are thankful for. It was fun and interesting to hear the things Cameron was thankful for. Dad and mom were the last two things he was thankful for. He was thankful for turkey and his toys. He was also thankful for his dog. Larry and I were a little more traditional each being thankful for each other and Cameron and then of course thankful for work, family friends etc. I was thankful for caffeine and Larry was thankful for these coffee blended drinks I make that we call "Kamachino chillers". All in all it was a fun craft that I hope to turn into a tradition. I mounted the tree and leaves (which Cameron insisted some should be falling off the tree. It worked cause I think there may have been too many other wise) on a 12x12 piece of card stock that I will put (someday) in my chronological scrapbook.

Photobucket

our finished tree
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket