Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Traditions

I'm really into traditions! I love the idea of creating traditions for Cameron for him to look forward to every year. We started our first tradition with him his very first Christmas. We hosted a a gingerbread house building night! It was fabulous! Candy, food, candy, gingerbread, candy, drinks, dessert, candy (I think you get the idea). Well this quickly became our family's favorite tradition! In fact the 5th annual gingerbread night is coming up here in a couple of weeks! We are so excited. I got our gingerbread structures last year after Christmas for 99 cents! We don't eat them . . . so I'm not too concerned about them being old! I say structures, because I bought two trains and a house. So it will be exciting to see which one Cameron picks.

Another tradition we started and have been excited to keep up on is apple picking. Every year we load up and head up to Oak Glen for apple picking followed by a couple of days of canning. We make applesauce, apple pie filling and "red apple butter", it has red hots in it! This would be Larry's favorite, he will sit down with a jar and a spoon and go to town.

And probably our oldest tradition would be baking. This is something that we don't reserve just for the holiday's but we bake all year long. Cameron will ask to bake cookies. So instead of baking three or four dozen cookies. We make the dough as normal but only bake a few cookies and then freeze the rest of the dough in ball form so all I have to do is drop and bake!

As the holiday's approach I am SO looking forward to participating in our regular traditions and maybe even making new ones!

No comments: