Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I have many things to be thankful for! We have a very blessed life. But sometimes it's the little things that bring us great joy. This week, I got my hair cut. It was long over due. My hair is very thick and very heavy. I often get headaches and after a while there is just no style to it. I called up a good friend of mine, Sadie, and she was able to cut my hair. For some strange reason, I'm a freak when it comes to my hair. I don't nescessarily have a style, I don't dye it, I don't use products and I own a blow dryer but can probably count on one hand how many times I've used it. But my hair is my thing. And even though I do nothing with it, I'm always kind of nervous to cut it. In the past I have donated it to Locks Of Love. In fact I dontated 36 inches of hair in about 2 years! But I was ready for a actual style. My girl Sadie even talked me through scary terms like "serum" and "curling product" and even scarier "flat iron". I think that with my new found confidence I might actually be able to do something with my hair (if the opportunity presented itself) instead of just falling into my "I'll just braid it and put a hat on" routine. Here's hoping!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: